Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Everything we know about Princess Eugenie’s time at Newcastle Uni

From being rejected, getting Wet and Wild, to graduating with a 2:1

Princess Eugenie got married last week to Jack Brooksbank. Some of you reading this might think, who cares? Well, it might interest you to know that the princess, who is ninth in line to the thrown, was a Newcastle uni alumni. So, to celebrate her marriage, we decided to see what things we could find out about the princess' time in Newcastle.

Princess Eugenie originally got rejected from Newcastle

The entry requirements were AAA, but she only achieved AAB resulting in her originally being rejected from admissions. Dr Martin Farr, a senior history lecturer at Newcastle University revealed the mistake while speaking at an anti-monarchist event in July 2017 .

He said: "A friend of mine who is Italian was the admissions officer for BA English Literature and received one application for the undergraduate degree that was not good enough and so discarded it, not realising that it was a royal applicant." However, once the "horrified" university realised that perhaps Eugenie of York from Sandringham had more significance than once thought, she was offered a place on another course.

The princess studied Combined Honours

After first being rejected to study English Literature, she then was offered a place in Combined Honours and studied English Literature, History of Art and Politics.

She stayed in Castle Leazes

Of course, Castle Leazes was the only accommodation fit for the princess fresher, where else? No doubt she felt right at home surrounded by other upper class southerners wearing Canada Goose puffer jackets.

Image may contain: Text

Princess Eugenie had three bodyguards

While living in Leazes, Eugenie had round the clock protection from Metropolitan Police protection costing £250,000 a year according to Hello! Magazine. And my mum doesn't even text me back!

She lived with seven of her friends

In her final two years, Princess Eugenie lived with seven of her friends in a student house, probably in Jesmond, because let's be honest, one wouldn't be seen dead in Sandyford.

She went to Wet and Wild

Speaking to the Chronicle, the princess revealed that she made a trip to North Shields' Wet and Wild, visited the Angel of the North and trained for her charity bike ride along the River Tyne.

She graduated with a 2:1

After successfully completing her three years BA, Princess Eugenie graduated with a 2:1 in 2012. Hurrah!