A side by side comparison of Black to Black’s cast and the real people they played

They got the beehive spot on

Back to Black has recently been released in cinemas and this film is a tribute to Amy Winehouse as it retells the events of her life and how she made it into the music industry.

As well as trying to be as accurate to the events that took place in Amy’s life as possible, the film has also done a great job of making the actors look very similar to the real life people they are portraying. So let’s have a look at some side-by-side comparisons between some of the actors from the film, and the real life people they’re playing.

Amy Winehouse

via SBM/Plux/Shutterstock

In this film, Amy Winehouse is played by Marisa Abela. Marisa is 27 years old, and Amy Winehouse was 27 years old when she died. Actor Marisa has also featured in other films such as Barbie.

Mitch Winehouse

via Fred Duval/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

Mitch Winehouse is Amy Winehouse’s father and as shown in the film, was a taxi driver for many years of his life. The actor who takes on the role of Mitch is Eddie Marsan. Mitch Winehouse is still alive now and is 73 years old.

Blake Fielder-Civil

via Good Morning Britain / ITV

Blake Fielder-Civil is Amy Winehouse’s ex-husband and they were married from 2007 till 2009. In Back to Black, Blake is played by Jack O’Connell who is best known as James Cook in Skins.

Nick Shymansky

via Gregory Pace/Shutterstock

Nick Shymansky was Amy Winehouse’s music producer from 1999 to 2006. Nick told the Guardian that when he was 19 years old he contacted Amy, and even though he did not know that much about the music industry, they connected, and this led to Nick becoming her manager. Nick is played by Sal Buchanan.

Everything Jack O’Connell has been up to since breaking all our hearts as Cook in Skins

Meeting at 19 to kids at 20, inside Aaron and Sam Taylor-Johnson’s age gap relationship

These students lived in Amy Winehouse’s iconic Camden house, here’s a look inside

Featured image via SBM/Plux/Shutterstock.