Someone has set up an Instagram for pictures of Canada Goose-wearers in Edinburgh

Who’s still wearing an Arctic coat in May tho?

Edinburgh is renowned for the Canada Goose. Originally made for climbers of Mount Everest, the coat, costing around two months rent, has been a favourite of the Edi student population since taking the city by storm in 2014.

And now, just when it looked like they were on their way out, somebody has set up an Instagram account of pictures of people in Edinburgh in their Canada Goose get-ups.

The account is thought to be created by an Edinburgh Uni student, but it’s owner remains mysterious. People send in photographs taken in a “spotted” style, while the insta promises to display “the best of Edinburgh’s wildlife.”

A goose and a dog

A post shared by @geese_of_edinburgh on

Entitled ‘geese_of_edinburgh’, some of the insta’s most classic captions include: “there’s a goose on the loose,” “a gaggle of geese” and, remaining true to its Edi roots, “goose on a mac.”

The gram was set up in March and is still posting today. It comes after someone in Leeds set up an Instagram to document girls wearing a green Urban Outfitters puffer, which now has almost 2k followers.

Here’s some of its best:

A post shared by @geese_of_edinburgh on

A gaggle of geese

A post shared by @geese_of_edinburgh on

A wild goose feeding in press coffee

A post shared by @geese_of_edinburgh on

Goose escaping from the library

A post shared by @geese_of_edinburgh on

Goose on a mac

A post shared by @geese_of_edinburgh on

University of Edinburgh

The Tab Edinburgh

last seen today at 08:51

Get breaking Edinburgh news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out who has made it into Clubbers of the Week, Teviot nachos news and all the goss from Pollock, straight to your DMs. 😘