University of York opens new European campus in Greece

Will there be a Greek longboi tho??

The University of York has announced the opening of a new European campus in Greece.

University of York Vice-Chancellor, Charlie Jeffery, has announced that the uni has formed a partnership with CITY College, one of the leading providers of UK higher education in Europe.

The new campus will be based in Thessaloniki, Greece, at the CITY College site and will give the opportunity for more overseas students to be able to study for a University of York degree.

In his email, Charlie Jeffery expressed his pride in announcing that “York are the first leading UK University in the region which has not required financial investment by the University. We’re very proud to be able to profile York on this international stage. A University of York degree is already recognised around the world and this will strengthen this distinction and reputation even further.”

There is also hope that eventually, the uni will be able to offer more opportunities for work and study abroad students at York, as well as joint educational programmes (postgraduate, MBA and doctoral programmes).

The new campus will offer a range of subjects such as English Studies, Psychology, Business Administration and Economics, and Computer Science.

Jeffery also stated that this new campus “forms part of our global engagement ambitions, where we create more and more opportunities for the University and Departments to build new international collaborations, research and student exchange links.”

Related articles recommended by this writer:

York is officially in the new Tier 2 and here’s how it affects students

Vote for the ugliest Uni of York building on campus

All of the reasons why I chose to spend lockdown 2.0 in York