MAFS UK Matt and Shona relationship

Everything lovebirds Matt and Shona have been up to after meeting on MAFS UK one year ago

The experts really fumbled the bag with this one

Matt and Shona were one of many unexpected couples from MAFS UK 2023, and to many people’s surprise, are still going strong one year later. We all remember Shona’s rocky relationship with Brad, which meant she was forced to leave the experiment early following intervention from the experts. But clearly it was all part of the universe’s wider plan, as the MAFS UK reunion brought Matt and Shona together, and they seem to be living happily ever after. From holidays to marathons, here’s a look inside MAFS UK Matt and Shona relationship one year on.

They celebrated their one year meeting anniversary

After revealing how they swapped numbers with each other on July 1st last year and sat next to each other the very next day on the 2nd, Shona and Matt officially laid eyes on each other one whole year ago and it was clearly love at first sight. Sharing a video on TikTok, Shona explained how they officially clocked eyes with one another this time last year, but that they’re not actually counting the date as their anniversary. She wrote: “We swapped numbers on the 1st and sat next to each other on the 2nd after we finished filming the reunion. Not counting it as our one year anniversary yet though but the 2nd is when it started.”

Matt and Shona took their first ever holiday together

The happy couple took their first holiday abroad together to Greece in May, visiting Mykonos and Paros for a friend’s wedding. They shared some cute couple pics, obviously including some flexing photos of Matt looking butch in his swim shorts.

They hosted a charity ceilidh 

Fundraising for Shona’s marathon race, the pair posed for a series of family portraits with Shona’s dog, Winnie. Raising money for Bowel Cancer UK, the pair managed to fundraise £1,185 through donations and a charity raffle. It’s adorable to see Matt be so involved with Shona’s life goals.  

Matt cheered Shona on at London Marathon 

Shona ran the London Marathon back in X, and was cheered on at every opportunity by Matt. Despite being a gym guy, he travelled with Shona down to the capital and watched her alongside her parents, even wheeling her around in her mum’s wheelchair after she crossed the finish line. In sickness and in health, right?

They appeared on Chloe Burrows’ new documentary together

This has to be one of the biggest commitments for couples in the 21st century, right? Appearing on new Channel 4 documentary, Love in the Limelight: UNTOLD, Shona and Matt revealed their experience of finding each other through TV their subsequent highs and lows of navigating a relationship in the public eye. They’re interviewed by Love Island legend, Chloe Burrows, and go into their relationship post MAFS UK. This is the Love Island, MAFS UK cross over I never knew I needed.

They successfully navigated a long distance relationship

Relationships between people in the same cities don’t last these days, so it’s wholesome to see Matt and Shona are still going strong despite them not livng anywhere near each other. With Matt up in Harrogate and Shona still living in her pink palace in Nottingham, the pair are still travelling up and down to see each other, but that doesn’t seem to have hindered their relationship one bit. In fact, they look stronger than ever and look to be together in either location more than they’re apart.

Couples that sign brand deals together, stay together

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The CC Mode (@theccmode)

Signing a deal with Applied Nutrition back in March, the MAFS UK power couple shared that they were new brand ambassadors for the supplement company. Both being into fitness and leading active lives, it’s a fitting deal for them to embark on and shows their commitment to one another that they’re on the journey together.

For more like this look at the relationship of MAFS UK Matt and Shona and all the latest MAFS UK cast news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook