House of the Dragon just eerily foreshadowed the tragic fate of Daemon Targaryen

So, what did his vision actually mean?

If there’s one thing House of the Dragon loves to do, it’s a good foreshadowing and in the most recent episode, the tragic fate of Daemon Targaryen was eerily predicted. During episode three of House of the Dragon, we see Daemon enter a strange vision where he unknowingly learns about how he will die. Spooky stuff!

In Daemon’s vision, he starts to walk through the halls of Harrenhal and eventually walks into a room where he finds none other than a young Rhaenyra. She is sewing the head onto Prince Jahearys’ body, something that Daemon caused by his actions of wanting Aemon assassinated. He suddenly comes out of the vision and is standing in front of a weirwood tree in the middle of a decrepit hall. A woman approaches him and informs him that he will “die in this place” before leaving him. Eerie.

Via HBO

Okay, that’s all well and good but what exactly does it mean? Well, it turns out Daemon does eventually die at Harranhal, or to be more specific in the lake right next to the castle. During one of the fiercest battles in the book, Aemond and Daemon battle it out with their dragons above God’s Eye, the largest lake in Westeros. Aemond is killed by Daemon when he is stabbed through his remaining eye, sending him into the murky depths below. Daemon also dies in their fight after he falls into the massive lake alongside his dragon Caraxes. His dragon manages to crawl to the shore before dying, but Daemon’s body is never found.

The showrunner also discussed the importance of Daemon’s vision, explaining: “Many fantasy shows have visions that are processed in so many ways. They have a lot of sound, maybe different lenses. There are different levels you can go to. When it comes to House of the Dragon, in my opinion, the vision is a dream. When we dream, it’s so real. That’s what’s frightening about a dream. You don’t know if you’re dreaming.”

For all the latest TV news, drops, quizzes, and memes about the fate of Daemon in House of the Dragon, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.  

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• House of the Dragon showrunner reveals what Daemon really said to Blood and Cheese

• A definitive ranking of House of the Dragon characters, from power hungry to downright evil

• The huge age differences of the House of the Dragon cast compared to their characters

Featured image via HBO.