House Dragon Blood Cheese Daemon

House of the Dragon showrunner reveals what Daemon really said to Blood and Cheese

We never hear his response to one of their questions

The most shocking House of the Dragon moment came in episode two when Blood and Cheese ended up killing Prince Jahaerys as they couldn’t find Aemond. They did so under the request of Daemon, with Blood and Cheese asking him what they should do in the scenario they cannot find the intended target, something we never hear his answer to.

Daemon requests the assassination of Aemond after the death of Luke in the previous House of the Dragon season and hires Blood and Cheese to do his dirty work. But did he also tell them to kill Jahearys if they couldn’t find Aemond, despite him being innocent? The showrunner Ryan Condol has revealed exactly what happened in that scene between Daemon and the three assassins.

Via HBO

Ryan explained to TheWrap:”I think while it’s not dramatized on screen, it is left a bit to interpretation. If you listen to the conversation that Blood and Cheese are having in the room, it’s very clear that Daemon went on to give them further instruction were they not able to find or locate Aemond. So I think the audience should take that and put it together themselves.

“I mean, we want to create a complex character out of Daemon, but we also want to play a bit with this sort of unreliable narrator of history idea that’s set up in Fire and Blood and not everything is going to be perfectly spoon fed for you. So the idea is that the history was a little bit more nuanced than what was eventually written down on the page – but the outcome was very much the same, and the fallout from it was the same. And that’s the fun interplay between, I think, House of the Dragon and ‘Fire and Blood.”

For all the latest TV news, drops, quizzes, memes about Blood and Cheese on House of the Dragon, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.  

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Who’s single versus in a relationship from the iconic House of the Dragon season two cast

• A definitive ranking of House of the Dragon characters, from power hungry to downright evil

• The huge age differences of the House of the Dragon cast compared to their characters

Featured image via HBO.