BBC Radio 1 has released official Long Boi merch, designed by Greg James

The t-shirt and bucket hat were available at Radio 1 Big Weekend and are soon to be sold online

BBC Radio One has teamed up with York fanboy, Greg James, to bring us a long awaited range of Long Boi merch.

Modelling the garms last week, Greg James shared photos in the iconic bucket hat and t-shirt and announced that items would be available to purchase at BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend.

But fear not, as the items are also said to be available online for those of us who missed the memo.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by BBC Radio 1 (@bbcradio1)

The Radio 1 DJ and national treasure posted some dashing photos of himself posing in the merch ahead of the bank holiday weekend, where Long Boi fans were immediately overjoyed. Encouraging fans to purchase the items at Big Weekend, Greg swooned in a black and white bucket hat with Long Boi’s face and name on it and a t-shirt with the body of Long Boi with his infamously long neck.

The merch proved really popular with fans online, with many who didn’t attend the festival begging for another way to purchase the goods. One commenter, Brendan, approved of the designs, writing: “Bucket hats, not sexy… Long Boi bucket hats, so damn sexy.”

Another joked: “Lovely!!! Just needs an iron now.”

Greg has been one of Long Boi’s biggest supporters throughout the years, first mentioning the duck on the radio back in 2021.

After a long campaign on Twitter to try and get Long Boi actually on air with Greg James,  Long Boi made history when he quacked live on air for the whole nation back in March 2023.

Despite being devastated by his death, Greg has continued to mention his best mate Long Boi on air, most recently when he accused Ed Gamble of eating Long Boi on an episode of the Great British Menu, after he consumed a dish using duck neck sausages. Greg is still obsessed with our boi and his new merchandise is only further proof.

A statue is also in the works to memorialise the beloved Long Boi, on the University of York’s campus. Alongside the statue, this merch has immortalised Long Boi forever. How many ducks can say they have a new fashion range out?

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Long boi (@longboiyork)

It is not a secret the fame Long Boi has already achieved, with a mention on The Late Late Show with James Corden and reaching Instagram fame with 57.6k followers.

I’m hoping Long Boi will be like Van Gogh and will gain even more popularity after his death, with this new merch. It feels like a beautiful tribute to Long Boi and it has made us University of York students burst with pride. I’m not crying you are.

We thank you Greg James, for honouring this very long duck with this beautiful merch, and we will be sure to clear out your supplies. Catch me in my next 9am lecture head to toe in Long Boi attire.

Featured image via @greg_james and @bbcradio1