Gilmore Girls cast member Keiko Agena thinks Lane secretly stayed in love with Dave

Guys this is not a drill and I’m not okay

There aren’t many plotlines in Gilmore Girls that left me shaking my fist but I’m afraid the unfinished story between Lane and Dave is always on my mind. These two were genuinely the perfect match for each other, and instead, Lane had to end up with Zach instead. I mean Dave literally read the Bible for her, it doesn’t get much more written by a woman than that.

However, there seems to be light at the end of that tunnel for all of us who wished Lane and Dave stayed together in Gilmore Girls. Keiko Agena who played Lane in the show, recently did an interview where she revealed how she thinks Lane feels about Dave after all these years, and it might just make your heart melt.

Via Netflix

In an interview with E!, Keiko revealed that whilst she thinks Lane is still married to Zach she is probably still “lovelorn” over her Dave and “daydreams” about him. I’m giggling and kicking my feet rn. She admitted: “As rock ‘n roll as she said she was, I think she would be pretty above board, but I think there is some lovelorn heartsickness over that relationship. Maybe some daydreams. I don’t know that she would ever act on anything, but a friendship for sure.” Even just knowing she thinks they’d still be friends is enough for me.

During another interview on the Dear Felicity podcast, Keiko also reflected on her time on the show, and that she felt like it was “such a survival-mode situation.” She explained: “I didn’t think of it that way at the time. So now it’s just a mix of just having gratitude for having gone through that experience and having that experience. I have to let go of the pressure that I put on myself to be the best version of who it is that I think that you love. Because I love her, too.”

Gilmore Girls is available on Netflix – For all the latest Netflix cast news, drops and memes about Dave and Lane like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.