the office us cast fame

A nosy at the huge fame and success of our favourite The Office US cast members after the show

It turns out Dunder Mifflin looks pretty good on a CV

Despite being almost 20 years old now, The Office US still remains as one of the biggest series of all time – and for good reason. Whether you rightfully admit its better than the OG UK version or not, there’s no arguing the fact that it’s iconic and will go down as a generational success. Since the final episode was released on back in 2012, the cast of The Office US cast’s fame has only grown. Here’s a look at what they’ve done since the show.

Steve Carell

After watching him as manager of Dunder Mifflin for the best part of six years, Steve Carell went to work on big projects after The Office US, notably four Despicable Me films, where he voiced Felonious Gru. He’s also starred in The Big Short and IF, where he’s reunited with loads of co-stars from The Office US.

When it comes to awards, the list is never ending. Steve has received various accolades throughout his career, including a Golden Globe Award, three Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Writers Guild of America Awards. He has also been nominated for an Academy Award, 11 Primetime Emmy Awards, and a BAFTA Award. In 2016, he even received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to motion pictures. It’s safe to say he aged well, too.

John Krasinski

We can’t mention The Office US and its insane cast fame without the icon that is John Krasinski. After playing Jim in the series, John starred in A Quiet Place alongside his wife, Emily Blunt, as well as Monsters University, and IF, alongside Steve. It also goes without saying that John also starred in Jack Ryan, as no other than Jack Ryan.

He’s been heavily awarded for his work, receiving various awards and nominations, including nominations for four Emmy Awards and two Producers Guild of America Awards as a producer for The Office and the reality competition series Lip Sync Battle. He also received a Writers Guild of America Award nomination as a co-writer of A Quiet Place.

Ed Helms

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ed Helms (@edhelms)

Ed landed The Hangover whilst still acting in The Office US, but went on to work on many big projects after his role as Andy Dwyer. In 2013, he played a drug smuggler alongside Jennfier Anniston in the comedy, We’re the Millers, before acting in the spin off movie of the classic, Vacation. Mainly sticking to comedy movies, he appeared in Central Intelligence alongside Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart. He’s nailed the goofy male character in all of his parts, but he’ll always be The Nard Dog to me.

Ellie Kemper

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ellie Kemper (@elliekemper)

Whilst playing ditsy but loveable Erin in the show, Ellie Kemper got a role in Bridesmaids in 2011 before landing a starring role as Kimmy Schmidt in the sitcom Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt from 2015 to 2019. She also appeared in 21 Jump Street in 2012, Sex Tape in 2014 and Home Sweet Home Alone in 2021, before releasing her debut book, My Squirrel Days, in 2018.

Her efforts have not gone unoticed, with Ellie earning two consecutive nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, and also being nominated for a Critics’ Choice Movie Award, two Critics’ Choice Television Awards, three Satellite Awards, and seven Screen Actors Guild Awards. She’s certainly been busy.

Mindy Kaling

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling)

An actress and comedian, Mindy didn’t just play the role of Kelly Kapoor in The Office US, but also served as a writer, executive producer, and director. Her work led to her being nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.

This led to her creating, producing and starring as Dr. Mindy Lahiri in The Mindy Project from 2012 to 2017. She also dabbled in films, with voice roles in Despicable Me, Wreck-It Ralph and Inside Out and a role as Amita in Ocean’s 8.

She’s been heavily celebrated for her work in series and film, receiving titles including two Screen Actors Guild Awards and a Tony Award, and six Primetime Emmy Awards nominations. She was even recognised by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2013 and was awarded the National Medal of the Arts from US President Joe Biden in 2022.

Rashida Jones

Despite only appearing in three seasons of The Office US as Karen Filippelli and Jim’s love interest, Rashida was cast as Ann Perkins in another hit show, Parks and Recreation. After The Office, Rashida also acted in The Social Network, The Muppets and co-wrote the story of Toy Story 4. In 2019, her documentary, Quincy, made about her father, won the Grammy Award for Best Music Film. She really can do it all.

Rainn Wilson

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RAINN WILSON (@rainnwilson)

Rainn continued to work on films and shows after The Office US, appearing in The Meg and also being another cast member to appear in IF. He also branched out into social media, co-founding the website and YouTube channel, SoulPancake, which amounted over three million subscribers. His latest venture is a long form interview podcast, Soul Bloom and he’s also written a book with the same title, where he explores the landscape of the world’s faiths, and suggests a new and thoughtful spiritual path for seekers.

Craig Robinson

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @mrcraigrobinson

Playing basketball champ and warehouse crew manager, Darryl Philbin, Craig appeared in Hot Tub Time Machine and its sequel, as well as the comedy This is the End. His humour also shone through in voice parts in Sausage Party and Big Mouth, but many people will recognise him for his part as the Doug Judy, aka the Pontiac Bandit, in Brooklyn Nine Nine. He’s worked closely with Seth Rogan on many projects, including Pineapple Express, so they’re no doubt besties.

For more like this look at The Office US huge cast fame and all the latest TV news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

• The Dunder Mifflin rich list: Ranking The Office US cast by their huge net worths

• So, what are the cast of The Office US up to now?

• All the famous actors who auditioned for The Office US but didn’t make the cut

Featured image via YouTube and Instagram @mindykaling