‘Loud, bold, and daring:’ Junkyard Golf Club set to open Newcastle venue

With wrecked car parts, circus freaks and jungle bathtubs, they really are putting the crazy in crazy golf

There’s always been plenty to do in Newcastle, whether you’re hitting the clubs, or wanting fun without the pains of drinking.

However, here’s something that could suit both scenarios and all in between: a new venue is set to open in Newcastle that’s half crazy golf, half nightclub.

Junkyard Golf Club will be opening in November in the centre of town, and promises “crazy golf, mad cocktails, bad puns and wicked beats.”

Putters had better be prepared to take a trip into the bizarre, as Junkyard Golf Club will be bringing a whole new batch of madness to Newcastle. The venue will be home to three mashed up 9-hole crazy golf courses filled with scrap yard slides, wrecked car parts, circus freaks and jungle bathtubs.

The chain is opening its first North East branch after huge success in cities all over the country, and they’ll be just minutes away from Newcastle and Northumbria University with a new site opening on just opposite The Gate on Newgate Street.

Alongside the whacky and wonderful golf course, the site will also play host to three new bars, renowned for their wildly colourful, creative and sweetly Instagrammable cocktails. Party drinks that have never been seen before will include “Hotline Ting”, “You can’t sip with us”, and “Drank you next” all pimped out with tuck-shop treats.

The bars will be open to everyone, whether playing golf or not, as a hot spot to swing by for after-work drinks or for pre-drinks to get your party started in the toon.

Sophie-Larissa Houghton, National PR & Events Manager of Junkyard Golf Club, said: “Newcastle is a mega city with such a bold personality; it has such a buzz. We are honoured and so excited to become part of the scene with our first site in the North East.

“We are in the process of planning our BEST EVER Junkyard launch party in the city with a local company and plan to land with a massive bang. It’s what Junkyard is all about!”

There’s more good news for cash-strapped students, as with the grand opening not until November, recruitment is still open for a variety of roles including managers, supervisors, bar staff and host staff.

You can find out more information about Junkyard Golf Club here, and if you fancy joining the crew, you can email the recruitment team at [email protected]

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.