Newcastle Frankie and Benny’s to be turned into multiple cuisine food hall

The empty Frankie and Benny’s restaurant close to Northumbria University is set to be turned into a new food court offering a range of in-house brands.

A new food court is set to hit the streets of Newcastle, after planning documents revealed exciting new plans drawn up by an up-and-coming, new UK food brand.

The site, on the corner of John Dobson street and within view of Northumbria University, used to house a Frankie and Benny’s restaurant, but is now being taken over by food company Gourmet 4. 

Gourmet 4 is a food marketplace company with a mission to disrupt the market and challenge the big players of the food industry. They house multiple food vendors within one food court, often changing them up based on their popularity with consumers. 

Their mission is to get customers back into restaurants and compete with the success of delivery services like JustEat and Deliveroo. With a close-to-campus location and a young target market, the restaurant could be a new highlight for students looking for somewhere to eat. 

Their website states: “The growth of online delivery organisations like Deliveroo and UberEats has radically changed the expectations of customers. Therefore our mission is to get these customers back into restaurants, by housing multiple, new, current food brands into one building like a food hall.” 

The new food hall will offer customers many different food vendors and menus from their in-house brands including: ‘Smokey Joes’ ‘Saucy Chicks’ and ‘Pizzaro.’ with orders made through simple-to-use touchscreen stations similar to the system used by McDonalds and KFC in Newcastle.

The new venue will also be offering takeaway as well as the dine-in experience. 

There is not yet a date for opening, but keep your eyes peeled for the new tastiest venue in town!

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.

Similar stories recommended by this writer:

• Five alternatives to throwing your old clothes in landfill

We tried ‘Naughty By Nature’, Newcastle’s newest plant-based junk food takeaway

• In pictures: Newcastle’s second ‘Kill the Bill’ protest