We spoke to the ex-Northumbria DJ whose new single was featured on Love Island

He dropped out of Northumbria to focus on his music, and it’s paying off!

Our annual summer of love would never be the same without the iconic soundtrack that guides us through the ups and downs of the villa.

On Friday night, Ex-Northumbria student and DJ, Michael Walls, had a track featured on the show and it defo gave us the summer vibes we’ve all been looking for.

Michael’s track Fallin’ was featured near the start of the episode as the islanders woke up and got ready for the day ahead.

The episode saw drama continue over Jake & Liberty’s relationship, with suspicions in the island growing over Jake’s true intentions, setting up the perfect storm for Sunday’s episode where islanders staged an intervention for Liberty.

Fallin’ by Michael Walls is streaming now, you can listen to this and all his other music on his Spotify page.

He told The Tab: “I was over the moon when I found out they loved the record and wanted to feature it on the show.

“My phone blew up on Friday night with messages from everyone saying they heard it. The support has been amazing, it’s such a great feeling having people get behind my music.”

Walls is a classically trained musician who studied business at Northumbria University. He dropped out eight years ago to focus on his music, once he was picked up by a record label, stating that, “I knew that I just had to go for it and follow my dreams”.

Walls told us, “It took me a little longer to realise, but it’s the best thing I’ve done. Now I’ve been going for 8 years and have been fortunate enough to play across the world. Don’t get me wrong, it has its ups and downs… But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

This year, Walls plans to make more music and has some exciting bookings all around the UK. Also, he hinted at some ‘crazy plans’ which he can’t reveal to us, so we’re super excited to see what they are!

You can still catch him regularly in Newcastle, although he is currently focussing on being in the studio and producing music, he told us that he can be found at Bijoux on Saturday nights!

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook. 

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.