Baby Reindeer Martha

Real Martha from Baby Reindeer reveals true identity and claims she ‘didn’t do jail time’

‘None of this happened, it’s a load of rubbish’

The real life Martha who was depicted in Baby Reindeer has revealed her true identity and is slamming the end of the Netflix series as “a load of rubbish” after claiming she “never did jail time.”

Fiona Harvey, a Scottish lawyer, recently spoke to the Daily Record and explained that she wants to share her side of the story, and is also threatening to take legal action against Netflix and Baby Reindeer creator Richard Gadd.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Richard Gadd (@mrrichardgadd)

In the interview, Fiona Harvey explained: “You have my authority to name me. I give you my permission to name me because people have to know what is going on.” Whilst in Baby Reindeer the character based on Fiona was jailed for four and a half years before she met Donny, a scenario Fiona has strongly denied ever happened.

She explained: “I’ve not been to prison. I don’t know where the four -and-a-half years and nine months comes in. None of this happened. It’s a load of rubbish. Gadd needs to prove I went to jail which just didn’t happen. I’ve never been sent to jail. That is blatantly obvious.

“Police at your door would be the first thing, then you’d be charged, then you would have a trial. Then you’d be fined or something or go to prison. This is all made up and hyperbole. There are no restraining orders, injunctions or interdicts anywhere. There’s just no way. I’ve not had the police at my door about any of these things. It’s a load of rubbish. I don’t have any money but I’m a perfectly capable lawyer so I will represent myself.”

Baby Reindeer is available on Netflix now – For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes about Martha like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.