Zendaya to Lana Del Rey: The very best dressed on the Met Gala 2024 red carpet

Iris Law is the it girl of the moment

Yesterday was the first Monday in May which can only mean one thing: The Met Gala. Celebrities from around the globe flew into New York to put the world to rights by means of fashion but even then didn’t do an amazing job. The gala is usually characterised by outlandish looks, cutting edge fashion and bespoke makeup looks but this year was tame to the say the least. Whilst the attendees looked great, that was where it ended. They were just great. Where are my feathers? Where are my gravity defying fits that keep me up at night debating the laws of physics? I needed more!

Saying this, there were definitely a few gems; a few celebs who shone through the bleariness of mediocrity. So, here is a very precise run down of the best dressed celebs from the Met Gala 2024 and the only ones knowing about:

Iris Law

via Matt Baron/Shutterstock

Iris Law is the new it girl of the moment. Butterflies flew so she could walk the red carpet. Attending her first ever Met Gala alongside her dad Jude Law, she stunned in a dress that an ethereal butterfly so graciously gave up it’s wings for.

Doja Cat

via David Fisher/Shutterstock

A nipple truly is the best accessory.

Zendaya

via Matt Baron/Shutterstock

Zendaya really took an Asda kids generic witch Halloween costume and made it a serve.

Tyla

via David Fisher/Shutterstock

Queen of Arrakis.

Lana Del Rey

via Matt Baron/Shutterstock

Wish I looked this good after a dog walk through the woods.

Sydney Sweeney

Met Gala 2024 best dressed

via David Fisher/Shutterstock

Despite probably not knowing who Claudia Winkleman is, Sydney Sweeney paid homage to her in this wig.

Jonathan Bailey

Met Gala 2024 best dressed

via Matt Baron/Shutterstock

I love him and the fit but the pose is giving me the ick. We get it, there’s a flower in your pocket.

Dua Lipa

Met Gala 2024 best dressed

via David Fisher/Shutterstock

It’s giving BBC’s Harlots and I mean that as a compliment.

Mona Patel

Met Gala 2024 best dressed

via David Fisher/Shutterstock

Did I know who Mona Patel was before the Met Gala? No. Am I now obsessed with her? Absolutely yes.

Jennifer Lopez

Met Gala 2024 best dressed

via Matt Baron/Shutterstock

JLo has been around the block so many times that she knows what she’s doing. Absolutely gorgeous. That’s all.

For all the latest celeb and entertainment news and gossip like this rundown of the best dressed celebs from the Met Gala 2024, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.

A rundown of the most random celebs who managed to get invited to the Met Gala

These are the surprising celebrities who’ll never be invited to the Met Gala again

Bella Hadid, Beyoncé, Blake Lively: Celebs who didn’t attend the Met Gala and why