The ultimate guide to Newcastle’s club nights

No matter which day of the week you’re partying, we’ve got you covered.

With the reopening of clubs well and truly in full swing, it’s fair to say we’re all living our absolute best lives.

While some clubs are consistently groovy on any day of the week (Soho, Shaker, Flares to name a few), most have themed club nights. As most of us haven’t been out in the Toon since before the pandemic, or at all if you’re a fresher, it can be hard to know where to go on which days. So, we guessed you might all need some guidance.

Whether you’re a weekday raver or you leave it all until the weekend, this is our updated guide to Newcastle’s club nights.

Monday

Oops! Mondays – a student fave, we cannot be more excited that Oops is back. Located at Grey’s Club and playing disco hits all night, the terrace is the perfect place to start the week and banish Monday blues. Plus, they do fun weekly giveaways for loyal customers on Twitter.

Kandi Island – Digital’s answer to Mondays, Kandi Island has entry from £1 and gives away actual sweets and cake. They have four rooms, each with a different music policy (cheesy hits, disco, RnB and indie) so there’s something for everyone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRgvz2LBMto/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Tuesday

BOP – located in The Cut, Bop is basically Oops on a Tuesday. So, if going out on a Tuesday is more your thing, Bop is the place for you.

Love Dough – The OG Tuesday party at Tup Tup, Love Dough is described as “if a night out was a movie” – pretty impressive for a midweek night out. They play hip hop, R&B and grime all night long.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHB41mjsXz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wednesday

Decades – Bohemia’s mid-week boogie Decades literally does what it says in the name. Playing music from throughout the decades, with everything from girly, cheesy pop to ABBA themed nights.

Kontrol – Studio is home to Kontrol, which showcases funky techno and house with different DJs every week.

Thursday

Swingers – The ultimate Thursday terrace party, Swingers brings disco to Grey’s Club weekly.

Jungle – Jungle plays the best of hip-hop and UK and US rap every Thursday at Tup Tup.

LOCO – LOCO is Studio’s wavy 90’s night, with the very best of vibes.

Skint – if you want to do thirsty Thursday on a budget, Skint is the place for you. Located at The Points, they have student drinks deals all night with prices starting from £1. Bargain.

House Party – House Party can be found at Bohemia, playing the best throwback tunes to take you back to your freshers days. They even serve drinks in red solo cups to really sell the frat party theme.

Friday

Secret Krush – Secret Krush is Bohemia’s all-new Friday event, Dressing up is a condition of entry and there are drinks deals all night, so it’s perfect for a boujee night without making your bank account cry.

Paradiso – Tup Tup’s Friday event is back! With £4 guest list doubles and £5 entry, there’s no excuse not to go.

Arcade – Arcade is located in Studio (formerly MSA) and is free entry – unreal for a Friday night. It plays house and disco classics in the boogie basement weekly.

Block Party – Open until 4am at Grey’s Club, Block Party has three rooms; disco, party anthems and everyone’s guilty pleasure, drum and bass.

Saturday

Utopiar – Utopiar is Digital’s Saturday party. It’s space-themed, has four different rooms and drink deals on a Saturday, which is pretty unheard of.

Pandora’s Box – Tup Tup’s VIP Saturday event, Pandora’s box is perfect if you want to go all out.

Good Times – Good Times is the only club night on a weekend that is free entry. It operates in Studio, and like Arcade, plays house and disco classics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSJzjHchfrK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Sunday

Persistence – if you’re looking for a Sunday funday night out, Persistence is held weekly at Tup Tup, Loja and The Cut.

featured image: Rob Anderson at Oops! Newcastle

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.