The Lancaster Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!

Come to our open meeting on Tuesday 11th of October!

Interested in student journalism? Looking for an exciting way to develop your writing skills whilst making new friends and getting all the campus gossip?

If your answer is yes, The Tab Lancaster might be the right place for you. Whether you’re a fresher or know Lancaster like the back of your hand, we’re looking for writers of all backgrounds.

What is the Lancaster Tab?

The Lancaster Tab is a news site for students, by students, right here in Lancaster. We publish everything from breaking news on campus to fun feature articles.

Writing for The Tab means that you’re free to write about whatever you like. As long as the article has a link to Lancaster or the university, we’ll publish it! That could be the latest Netflix crazefashion, or Lancaster ghosts. Or you could report on more serious issues like mental healthinequality, and global events.

The Lancaster Tab is not affiliated with the university. This means that we can publish articles that uni-affiliated student-run publications can’t. This is because The Lancaster Tab is a branch of the national site The Tab. We have an assistant editor at Tab HQ in London to help us out.

Writing for The Tab can really make a difference both on and off-campus. Our articles have helped to share campaigns, spread awareness, and have inspired petitions and fundraising,

What are we looking for?

Anyone who has a passion for writing, news, memes, 24 hour library challenges, or the campus ducks. In short, we’re looking for you!

This year, The Lancaster Tab is looking to recruit features and news writers, as well as people who’d like to run our brand new TikTok account. No experience at all necessary!

Why should you join us?

Writing for us means you’re going to develop a really solid understanding of the legal ins and outs of journalism, as well as other important contemporary journalism aspects such as ethics, media law, editing, and collaboration.

Not only does The Lancaster Tab host some of the best socials, but we also won’t ask for loads of your time. You can write as many articles as you decide; there’s no strict commitment that you have to keep.

Whether you’ve never considered journalism before, or you’re serious about getting into the industry, The Tab is perfect for getting your foot in the door. Over the past few years, our writers have been on the radio discussing news we’d reported on, have had stories picked up by national papers, and have gone on to work for national news sites.

How can you join us?

We’re hosting an open meeting at County Bar, Tuesday 11th October at 7pm. This is also when and where we have our weekly meetings, where we discuss everything from news to what we’ll be ordering from Sultans later. Feel free to drop in and say hi!

If you can’t make it, shoot us a DM on Instagram, we’d love to have you join the team!

Related articles recommended by this writer: