Lancaster University paints Bowland Tower red for Roses

‘I’m literally in a state of shock, it just feels like a really big thing to commit to. How long is it going to be red for?’

Lancaster University has painted Bowland Tower red in celebration of the upcoming sporting event Roses against the University of York.

The opening ceremony for Roses will commence Friday April 29th and runs until Sunday May 1st.

Due to the pandemic, Lancaster hasn’t hosted Roses since 2018. The university wanted to make a “grand gesture” to highlight the occasion and “rally as much support as possible”.

In a Lancfession, someone posted: “uhh why is bowland tower red? lancs uni what’s going on HAHAHA”.

A second year literature student, who used to live in Bowland Tower, said: “I’m literally in a state of shock, it just feels like a really big thing to commit to. How long is it going to be red for?”

A Lancaster University spokesperson said: “We really wanted to make a grand gesture to celebrate Roses this year as it’s been so long since it was hosted at Lancaster. It’s really important that we rally as much support as possible from students to make Roses the very best it can be. As Roses are red, we wanted to paint one of the buildings on campus. Bowland Tower was the obvious choice. It took a while to complete but we think all students will really appreciate it.”

Check the date… April fools! None of the contents in this article are true. We hope we fooled you. Have a good day.

Related articles recommended by this writer: