Lancaster University Students’ Union announce Roses Rally

The rally will show clubs what Roses 2022 will be like

Lancaster University Students’ Union has announced that they will be holding a “Roses Rally” on Tuesday 15th March.

The event will be from 2:30 pm until 5:00 pm and will be hosted in a private dining room with food and drink provided.

The sports presidents and captains have been exclusively invited to the event so they can see what the 2022 Roses will be like, given that the event was cancelled in 2020 and 2021.

This means that students who have arrived at the university after September 2019 have never experienced a Roses varsity weekend.

Image may contain: Arena, Stadium, Football, Building, Team Sport, Team, Sport, Sports, People, Field, Human, Person

The rally is designed to fill in these students with information on what they should expect at Roses 2022.

Lancaster student and long-distance triathlon and Ironman Athlete, Sam Cusworth, will be speaking at the event about his experiences at Roses, as well as his recent sporting achievement and preparations for the World Ironman Championship in Hawaii and representing Team GB at the European Long Distance Triathlon Championships.

In addition to this, there will also be talks from members of university staff, most notably Vice-Chancellor Andy Schofield and the Associate Director of Sport Helen Loftus.

The rally will close with a member of each sporting event signing the Roses pledge with LUSU VP Sport Paul McCarthy and the Vice-Chancellor.

Featured image courtesy of LUSU’s YouTube channel

Related articles recommended by this writer: