Richard Gadd says the Baby Reindeer crew was reduced to tears filming harrowing scenes

‘The team felt it with me in a lot of ways’

Baby Reindeer creator and star Richard Gadd has said even members of the show’s crew were reduced to tears when they were filming some of the most harrowing scenes for Netflix.

The show focuses on Richard Gadd’s stalking ordeal, but also shares his trauma of being sexually assaulted. Now, Richard Gadd has opened up about how filming for these scenes, which are in episode four of the Netflix drama, was moving even for the crew on-set.

Speaking at a screening of the show at the DGA Theatre Complex in Los Angeles, Richard Gadd said: “We did close the set, but I was looking over and you’d see the props guys wiping tears from their eyes as they would be putting the props back how they should be.

“The show was based in such a trauma that everyone on set felt at times it was a huge, weighty thing. And it’s why I think everyone had such respect for everything. I was blessed with this amazing team who kind of felt it with me in a lot of ways.”

Baby Reindeer on Netflix

via Netflix

Speaking to Variety, Richard reflected on how it was watching his experiences back on the Netflix show. “It was tough, I can’t deny,” he said. “I mean, who in their right mind wants to revisit the worst thing that ever happened to them? The worst period of their life?

“Of course, it affects you and leaves a bit of an imprint on you. But at the same time, I do sometimes feel that revisiting pain and re-experiencing things can lead to a better understanding of them.”

Baby Reindeer is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.