Bailrigg FM to host ‘Radio Wave’: Lancaster’s very own music contest

‘A contest that Lancaster University has never seen before’

Lancaster University’s Bailrigg FM has set up a music competition called “Radio Wave” for student artists to compete against each other.

It takes inspiration from Eurovision, being coined as the biggest platform for student musical talent.

The competition was announced on Instagram, highlighting how this is a brand new platform for “Lancaster students to showcase their musical talent”, involving musicians, singers, and/or bands.

via @bailrigg_fm Instagram

Any genre of music is welcome to apply to the competition, however, it is capped at a maximum of three minutes.

All competitors have the chance to perform on the Sugarhouse stage, with the winner being offered exclusive prizes.

Lead organiser of the event, Michael Oldfield, said: “This is a contest that Lancaster University has never seen before. The Lancaster music scene fosters artists and bands that deserve credit and this is the perfect opportunity to unleash their talent. By partnering with the Sugarhouse, we will be providing an unforgettable experience for both artists and the audience.”

The final will be hosted at The Sugarhouse, Wednesday April 27th.

Applications are currently open and will be closing at 6 pm Friday March 18th.

Related articles recommended by this writer: