Simmer down about your tuition fees

Just stop moaning

Throughout your three years at university all you will hear is whining students complaining about how the government doesn’t care about their education because they demand you pay £27,000 fees, plus the extra £18,000 on living costs.

But when was the last time you had to reach into your own pocket to attend your last seminar?

The truth is students don’t know how lucky they are to be able to attend university without even taking a single penny from their bank account to fund it.

It comes down to two simple ideas: if you succeed at university you will be earning a large enough salary to pay your loans back so slowly and at such a small sum that you wont even notice it, and there you go – your degree was totally worth it.

You’re having a good time, so stop complaining

Or you will fail at university, get a job earning under £21,000 a year and not have to pay a single penny of it back: that’s three years of drinking, shagging and a whole lotta laughs for the magnificent price of £0.

Now moaning students who think they are so badly treated by our government are not the most annoying. It’s the position the government put themselves in by tripling tuition fees.

How can the government issue so much money per student when so many decide to either drop out or leave university with a completely worthless degree (I’m looking at you 2:2 in Fine Art)?

How do they possibly think they are going to make their money back from this? Even those who do succeed may not be earning enough to pay the full loan back.

But what’s irritating is those that sit around all day smoking weed, don’t do any work or even attempt to get a part time job, and then sit and complain the government doesn’t give them enough money. In essence, being at university is like being on the dole except your parents are proud of you.

Now the hard truth is that those of us who are at university actually want to succeed, and not just to go out and find the nearest M-Kat dealer before heading to Syndicate.

There is always a better university, if I leave university with a 2:1 or a first degree in Journalism and sit down in a job interview to compete with a graduate from the University of Sheffield with the same degree, I am out of the door first because the Journalism degree I study is not as accredited as Sheffield. Should I just give up now?

How can anyone justify the fact the government pay for students to attend Oxford University – one of the best universities in the world – at £9,000 a year and then turn around and pay the exact same fee for students who choose, or are forced, to attend Leeds Trinity University – ranked as one of the worst.

It makes absolutely no sense. Surely universities that cannot offer you as many opportunities as others should cost the government a lot less.

All in all students need to stop moaning about tuition fees because although it is a ridiculous scheme from our excellent government, the truth is it is not going to effect your life that much. University is worth it if you make the most out of it and you will have an excellent time while you’re there.