A UWE student has died by suicide

The university confirms the death of a second year Mental Health nursing student

| UPDATED Hide Images

A second-year Mental Health Nursing UWE Bristol student has died by suicide, the university has confirmed.

A spokesperson for UWE Bristol said: "We are deeply saddened to confirm the sudden and unexpected death of a UWE Bristol student on Friday, January 18.

"All of us at UWE Bristol are devastated by this tragic news, and our thoughts remain with the student’s family and friends, as well as their fellow students.

"Our first priority has been to ensure we’re providing them with as much help and support as they need during this incredibly difficult time."

The sudden death follows an inquest into the leaked reports of student suicide figures over the last eight years, in which 15 students were documented to have died by suicide.

Bristol saw at least 13 student deaths between UWE and the University of Bristol last year.

If you or anyone you know is experiencing mental health problems, a list of all the services available to UWE students can be found here.

Samaritans 24/7 helpline can be reached on116 123. Their website can be found here.