Image may contain: Boat, Sailboat, Vehicle, Vessel, Transportation, Watercraft, Dock, Port, Pier, Harbor, Waterfront, Marina, Water

Bristol to become home to new Channel 4 Creative Hub

What a time to graduate

It has finally been revealed Bristol is soon to become home to one of Channel 4's brand new Creative Hubs. Set to land in Bristol by 2019 , the new strategy "All 4 the UK" will offer over 300 creative Channel 4 jobs in the city.

Leeds has been confirmed as the new location of its National HQ, along with Glasgow being chosen as a destination for the additional creative hub.

The decision came after the rather long-winded '4 All the UK' strategy, which began in March 2018. It followed an extensive pitch process, in which shortlisted cities were assessed against Channel 4's creative vision.

Having beaten Cardiff for the role, Bristol will now become even more of a destination for leading creative industry roles, giving hope to us all studying BAs that there's more in our future than a four hour commute into London for an unpaid internship.

In a statement released by Channel 4 they said: “The National HQ and Creative Hubs are only one part of our ‘4 All the UK’ plan, which has at its heart, a commitment to significantly increase our Nations and Regions contend spend by £250 million over the next five years. We therefore look forward to working closely with all those cities and regions that have been involved in the pitch process, as we look to catalyse that spend and support digital and production companies right across the UK.”

Leeds were as humble as ever…