Man left in serious condition after altercation at GLOW

The altercation took place in the early hours of Sunday morning

Following an altercation at GLOW nightclub in Lancaster on Sunday morning, a man has been left in a critical condition in hospital.

Police were alerted at around 4:30am after it had been reported that the man had been punched outside the nightclub which had caused him to fall and hit his head on the ground.

A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of Section 18 assault, also known as wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm, and has been bailed pending further investigations and enquiries.

Detectives who are currently working on investigating the incident are looking to speak to a woman believed to have had an interaction with one or more of the group of men inside the club earlier that night, before they were ejected from the venue.

In a statement on the Lancaster Area Police Facebook, DI Dylan Hrynkow of Lancaster CID said: “This incident has left a young man very poorly in hospital and my thoughts are with his family at this time. They are being supported by specially trained officers.

“I would appeal to anyone with information to come forward and speak to us. I am particularly keen to speak to a woman who we understand had some interaction with at least one of the group inside the club which she reported to the management.

“She may be able to help our investigation and I’d be grateful if she could come forwards if she sees this appeal.”

GLOW Nightclub were unavailable for comment.

If you have any information, contact the police on 101 quoting log 279 of June 12th. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Related articles recommended by this writer