Image may contain: Teen, Dating, Home Decor, Woman, Hair, Female, Apparel, Sweater, Clothing, Crowd, Face, Person, Human

Misbah Ashraf has been appointed as Interim Chief Executive at the SU

She will hold the role until a permanent appointment is made

Misbah Ashraf has been appointed as Interim Chief Executive at the Students' Union after the former Chief Executive, Claire Geddes, quit after 20 years.

The Trustee Board has appointed Misbah Ashraf, Head of Marketing and Organisational Development to the role of Interim Chief Executive until a permanent appointment is made. The SU has said that the recruitment of another Chief Executive will take around six months.

The position was temporarily held by Antony Blackshaw, a management consultant with expertise in supporting students’ unions. Blackshaw was appointed to the role of Interim Chief Executive in November as a short-term measure to allow longer-term plans to be developed.

In a statement shared by the Students' Union, Graeme Osborn, Vice Chair of the Trustee Board, stated: “The Board would like to thank Antony for the support, guidance and expertise he has been able to offer. The work he has done has been invaluable in preparing the organisation for the next few months.”

“We are delighted to appoint Misbah as our Interim Chief Executive and wish her good luck as she takes on this important role.”

Featured image via Lancaster University Students' Union

Related articles recommended by this writer:

The Chief Executive of LUSU has just quit after 20 years of work

Lancaster SU ban former BME Officer from any future Union role after Snowsports picture leak

SU Welfare Officer jokes about leaving sexual misconduct policy to the last minute