Image may contain: Home Decor, Postal Office, Shop, Paper, Business Card, Text, Word

The Chief Executive of LUSU has just quit after 20 years of work

Trustee leaves for ‘strategic project’

Chief Executive of Lancaster University Students' Union, Claire Geddes, has announced that she is stepping down from her role within the Union.

The announcement was made on Facebook by the LUSU page, shortly after a statement was sent to The Tab Lancaster surrounding the resignation.

Following the resignation of FTO VP Activities Ben Evans, LUSU has lost another senior figure in a matter of weeks

The statement reads:

"Chief Executive Claire Geddes is leaving Lancaster University Students’ Union to take up a new role. Claire is currently working on a strategic project for the university on secondment.

"Antony Blackshaw has joined the union as Interim Chief Executive this week, and will be working with the staff and officer teams until the end of the calendar year. Arrangements for the appointment of Claire’s permanent successor will be announced in due course."

Vice-Chair of the Union Trustee Board, Graeme Osborn, said: “I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the Trustee Board to thank Claire for her service to the students’ union.

"Claire has worked for the union in various roles for more than 20 years. The lasting contribution she has made to the lives of students at Lancaster is truly outstanding. Her leadership, dedication and integrity will be great assets in her new role."