Just five minutes into Selling The OC is an editing error – so yes, season three is staged

I give up

Every season shows like Selling The OC get questions about how authentic they really are – but when there’s an editing error a mere five minutes in like there was in season three, the Netflix show really isn’t helping itself.

The very first major conversation in the OC Oppenheim Group office is all about – shock – Tyler Stanaland and Alex Hall and their are-they-aren’t-they relationship following his divorce from Brittany Snow. The drama has been a lot to keep up on.

Tyler is in the office discussing if he wants a relationship with Alex, and he’s spilling all to fellow agents Brandi Marshall, Austin Victoria and Gio Helou. Austin starts the conversation behind the bar, making the rest of the group some cocktails for their chat.

Selling The OC season three editing error

via Netflix

Austin then carries over the drinks to the group and the camera looks straight to Tyler to get the conversation started. But, next to him on his desk is his cocktail glass…empty? They haven’t even started talking yet!

Not even a second has gone by from Austin putting the full drink down on his desk? Tyler literally hasn’t even moved his hand off the drink and it’s emptied itself as if by magic.

via Netflix

Then to make it even worse, the camera pans out to Gio’s desk, and his cocktail glass is empty too! It’s a mess!

So Austin didn’t make drinks for the group to sit down and have a gossip about Tyler and Alex Hall at all, and clearly there was a huge chunk of the conversation edited out to make it look like the drama was the focus of their talks.

via Netflix

What did they speak about in between?! I simply have to know! The camera then goes back to Tyler’s desk and his glass isn’t even there anymore.

via Netflix

I’m done.

Selling The OC is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.