Tickets for the anticipated Cardiff Uni vs Met rugby match this evening have all sold out

It is the first time that students have been charged for entrance

Tickets have completely sold out ahead of The Met vs. Cardiff University rugby match this evening, with 4,000 tickets being sold in just 10 days.

There will be something new in this game. The sold-out tickets are a clear indication that the matchup between the two home clubs is a must-see event. The match on 5th October will definitely be the highlight of university life for both Cardiff Met and Cardiff Uni students alike.

It’s the first time that the students have been charged for entrance at the Arms Park and it’s also the largest BUCS crowd in Wales since Super Rugby was introduced. Due to the high demand, Cardiff Rugby decided to increase the venue’s capacity to 4,000, and the game quickly sold out.

Only five points separated the two teams in the three games between the two Welsh capital universities last season. Cardiff Met triumphed in every match, taking two by one point, including an exciting quarterfinal, and another by three points.

Cardiff University director of rugby, Alan Flowers, said: It is fantastic that so many tickets have been sold and what we are all hoping for is another great rugby spectacle.” 

“We all know how good Cardiff Met are from the top down and in games of small margins you have to take your chances. We’ve lost a couple of players with injuries from our bonus-point win in Bath last week, but everyone is going to be up for this game.”

These are the players who will be fighting against each other tonight:

Cardiff Met: Oliver Gibbon; Jake Thomas, Joe Westwood, Bingo Ivanesivic, Roma Zheng; Brad Roderick-Evans, Rory Morgan; Joe Cowell (captain), Tyler Olding, Eliot Salt, Brandon Harvey, Barny Langton, Jack Wickham, Ewan Guy, Jake Bond
Reps: Gabe Mead, Dai O-Manteaw, Math I-Scott, Barnaby Waddell, Ardal Yallop, Ali Stacey, Ethan Morgan, Dafydd Tiueti 

Cardiff University: Felix Gilbert; Max Ashton, Luke Pollock (captain), Oscar DeVenter, Rhydian Williams; Ed Dunford, Josh Thomas; Theo Bavacqua, Ben Chapman, Adam Williams, Ethan Phillips, Alex Ashton, Billy Moxley, Gwilym Evans, George Shaw
Reps: Ed Thompson, Lewys Williams, James Pollard, Ben Roberts, James R. Roberts, Dai Jones, Cam Scott, Pelo Kgalthanye 

• Welsh student who defaced Captain Tom memorial with faeces could face four years in prison

• These are the most underrated pubs in Cardiff that you just can’t miss

• AJ and Curtis Pritchard performed at a Swansea Uni Freshers’ event and it was painful