Nominations are OPEN for The Cardiff Tab’s BNOC of the year 2024

Time to get nominating…

It’s that time of year again! Cardiff is full of iconic names and well-known faces, and as we reach the end of the academic year, what better way to celebrate than to crown a brand new BNOC for 2024? Everyone knows one, so while you’re taking a break from your revision, get thinking about who might fit the bill.

For those not in the know, let us explain. BNOC stands for Big Name on Campus, and is that one student who’s just always about. Whether it’s that guy who’s always buying the VKs in YOLO, or that girl who can’t walk down Park Place without stopping every five seconds to chat to someone, a BNOC is known from Taly to the Bay.

Maybe you think your hilarious housemate fits the bill, or maybe that guy you work with has more funny stories than you can count. Maybe you even fancy yourself as a bit of a BNOC – yes, you can even nominate yourself!

If you’ve got someone in mind for the title of Cardiff BNOC, nominate them on the form below. It’s completely anonymous, so nobody will ever know that you’re nominating the girl you’ve had a Library Crush on since first year.

We’d love to know exactly what makes this person a BNOC, so don’t hesitate to include any funny stories or iconic anecdotes that tell us – and the voting public – why your choice should win.

Nominations are open until Thursday 18th April, so make sure you get yours in ASAP. We’ll then hold a couple of rounds of voting with the top two from each round going through to the final where we’ll crown our winner. Keep an eye on our Insta and our articles for your chance to have your say.