Swansea student in critical condition after falling from window of university building

They fell from the sixth floor

A university student is in critical condition after falling from the sixth-floor window of a student halls building.

It happened early last Sunday on 14th April at Swansea University’s Penmaen student accommodation on the Singleton campus.

The 19 year old was rushed to hospital, where he now remains in a critical but stable condition, according to South Wales Police.

A spokesperson for South Wales Police said: “Officers attended Swansea University, Singleton Campus, in the early hours of Sunday, April 14, following reports of a man having fallen from a sixth-floor window.

“A 19-year-old man was conveyed to hospital, where he remains in a critical but stable condition. His family has been informed and are being supported by specialist officers. Enquiries are ongoing.”

A Swansea University spokesperson added: “There is an ongoing police investigation following an incident on our Singleton campus. We are assisting the police and it would not be appropriate to say anything further at this time.”