A man has been stabbed in a serious assault in Butetown

The victim suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries

CW: assault

Another stabbing incident took place in Cardiff, in the early hours of October 9th.

A man, 47, was stabbed on Hannah Street in Butetown at 1:29am and was left with puncture wounds following the assault, which are fortunately not life-threatening.

Although the victim’s injuries were not severe, South Wales Police officers are still appealing for information and have regarded it as a “serious assault”, as told to WalesOnline.

South Wales Police have said: “Detectives are appealing for information following a serious assault on Hannah Street in Butetown, Cardiff, which happened in the early hours of this morning (October 9).”

“Officers were called at around 1.29am to reports of someone having been stabbed. Knife crime has devastating consequences and tackling this is a priority for us. There will be increased patrols in the area.”

If you have any information regarding this attack, you can contact officers quoting the reference *354276 by clicking here, sending them a private message on their Facebook or Twitter channels, e-mail [email protected], call 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• The police are launching extra patrols to keep Cardiff students safe this Freshers’ Week

• Several students have been sexually assaulted in Cardiff during freshers’ fortnight

• Two men have been seriously injured in a stabbing incident in Cardiff city centre