This is how much the top graduate employers actually pay

Some salaries are a lot higher than others

The Times’ top graduate employers guide comes out every year to rank the best places to work, but focuses almost entirely on opportunities and the office environment – not salary. How much you’re going to get paid is a huge part of any new job, so we worked out which graduate employers pay the most using figures from GlassdoorEmolument and payslips from the companies themselves.

Even without their huge bonuses, the finance industry dominated the top spots with Citibank, Goldman, UBS, Credit Suisse, RBS and Deutsche Bank all scoring highly. Facebook also made it into the top 10, with their £49,000 average pay packet for junior staff in the UK – which is far higher than Google and even Apple. PwC was given the title of best graduate employer by The Times, but their starting salary of £29,000 only got them 51st place here.

Supermarkets and other retailers also did well, with Aldi coming in at 11th with their £42,000 a year grad scheme pay. Lidl, Sainsbury’s and John Lewis were not too far behind. Not surprisingly Oxfam was the lowest payer in the rankings, as it is a charity after all. For non-voluntary work they average £15,000-£17,000. While media barely features in the list, it is clear that Bloomberg pay more than the BBC. The list also reveals you can earn more working at McDonald’s than you can at Penguin.

[infogram id=”how_much_grad_employers_actually_pay”]