What’s on this Valentine’s Day in Newcastle

What’s on (apart from us)

So the day that most singles dread is upon us, Valentine’s day. It’s always so cliché, and everywhere you go, you can see loved up couples all around you. Gross. But if you haven’t decided on your plan for the night, we’re here to tell you what’s going on around Newcastle, so you can go get shitfaced regardless of your relationship status. So here’s what’s on in Newcastle this V-Day.

MSA – Love lockdown Valentines Disco

MSA have planned a big one for this night, with the Menendez Brothers, who are frequent DJ’s at Future Funk. Opening the doors into their infamous basement, they are not ashamed to admit that they got this one down, insisting it’s the best place to celebrate the evening with your nearest and dearest, forget the flowers and chocolates.

According to their Facebook event, ‘Love Lockdown is a new disco to MSA bringing you a sexy selection of dynamite disco, heart-stopping house, the notorious 90’s dance anthems & even a cheeky bit of RnB. Joining The Menendez Brothers will be geordie disco prince Moscrop as well as Future Funk DJ’s for an evening of bombs, edits & anthems…Between the booths on offer, our signature cocktails, and music talent we’re sure to provide the best mix for a night with your other half, or on the prowl to meet a new hope.’

Entry is £4/6 on the door.

Cosmic – Ill Behaviour’s Valentines Glitter Ball

Cosmic Tuesdays are back with their Valentine Glitter Ball special this Tuesday. After the success of their Christmas Glitter Ball, Cosmic invite you to ‘don your best aftershave, get your lucky pants on and come down to the Ballroom to fist pump the night away and maybe find your one true love’. With the likes of L.Scott and Diego Diaz B2B Temi Olugbenga on the decks, who wouldn’t wanna smash it with them.

See the Facebook page here. Entry Prices are £3 guest list before 11pm, £6 guest list before 12am and more on the door.

Swingers – Valentines Singles Night

If Cosmic is too edgy for you head down to Swingers, as they are hosting a Valentines Singles Night at the clubs usual venue on Grey Street. The event aims to attract their audience by stating  that if you’re going out on Valentines day then you’re ‘most likely going to be Single and for lack of a better rhyming word – wanting to ‘Mingle’ so allow us to play Cupid and introduce the return of last years sell out Valentines Day Singles Night!!’

They are also welcoming the ladies at CoppaFeel onto the terrace, who are on a mission to stamp out late detection of breast cancer. They want to help ensure that you know the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, know what your boobs look and feel like normally, check your boobs regularly and have the confidence to see a doctor if you notice anything that doesn’t feel right for you.

The Facebook event says it’s sold out, but you can still get your online tickets for £6 here

Perdu – Valentines Day Traffic Light Party

If predatory Rah’s aren’t for you, you can always head down to Perdu for their traffic light party. The Jaluminati annual traffic light Valentines party is set up to be a colourful affair so head down to the club and go get mortal with your mates. Strict dress code of:
‘Red – No good
Yellow – Give me a try
Green – Kegs off ‘
Check out the Facebook event, with tickets available here from £4.

Riverside – Modern Baseball with The Superweaks and Thin Lips

If your usual club night isn’t what you’re after, and you’re a fan of the Philadelphia based band, Modern Baseball, they’re performing at Riverside with The Superweaks and Thin Lips on their European tour.
Last year saw the band make a transatlantic trip for sold out tours, following the release of one of last year’s breakout releases Holy Ghost while also performing at Leeds festival.

Tickets available through Seetickets and Wegottickets, more information available here.