NUBC release teaser photos ahead of their 2016 naked calendar

Dat ass

It’s a week to go until Newcastle University Boat Club release their 2016 naked calendar.

But luckily for us they’ve released two saucy photos to keep us gasping for more.

Last year the boat club raised £2,000 but this year they’re aiming for £5,000.

Third year Will Anslow Wilson, Fundraising Officer for the boat club told The Tab: “Rowing is a very expensive sport, especially for students, so these calendars are a great way to make money for the boat club. It’s also an opportunity to make some money for charity.

“This year we are working with Headway, a charity that does fantastic work helping people with brain injuries. Last year we managed to make £2000, but this year we’ve really stepped up the quality of the photos, so are aiming for £5000.”

The two teaser photos, which feature two female rowers lying down in a field, and three male rowers cleaning a boat, went viral on Facebook over night.

Barnaby Stroud Turp, President and fourth year medic told us: “Shooting the calendars is a good way of uniting club members. It can be a bit daunting at first, especially for Freshers, but once everyone gets into the spirit of it it’s really good fun.”

New to the process of stripping off in front of a camera, fresher Yannick Thompson said “At first the shooting was a bit awkward as I didn’t know anyone particularly well and there were quite a few members of the public walking past. But by the end I just embraced it and it was a great laugh.”

Committee members stripping down for last year’s calendar

Cheeky. A promo shot from 2015’s calendar

Calendars will go on sale from Monday 9 November for £10.00.

The best way to get a calendar is through the boat club website: newcastlerowing.com

You can find out more about the naked calendars by liking the NUBC Facebook page.

2016 calendar photo credit – Benedict Tufnell of Tufnell Photography