Newcastle ranked a painful 190th in the world in yet another league table

Northumbria were nowhere to be seen

Another university rankings list has been published, pushing Newcastle further down the table.

The latest rankings compiled by USNews suggests of the 750 higher education colleges surveyed globally, Newcastle came 190th.

Northumbria were nowhere to be seen on the global rankings.

When compared to other Russell Group universities, Newcastle seemed to slump behind University of Liverpool coming in at 155th and University of Southampton 114th.

Last month Newcastle University came joint 23rd in the UK along with the University of Kent.

Newcastle’s results were boosted by highly reputable global research and university publications and good international collaboration with other universities.

U.S News said: “All universities can now benchmark themselves against schools in their own country and region, become more visible on the world stage and find top schools in other countries to consider collaborating with.”

In general, Newcastle-loving students are taking little notice of the poor rankings.

Business second year Priscilla Tan said: “I don’t think the general rankings provide an accurate guide to making your uni decision – I based my decision on what Newcastle could offer me, and I’m pretty happy with everything so far.”

You can see the full list of results on the USNews website.