VIBE opening night event postponed

The venue claims it had ‘no option’ but to cancel tonight’s event

VIBE nightclub has announced that it will not be hosting its opening event, set to take place tonight.

The statement, posted on the club’s Instagram page, said that the launch was postponed “due to recent events beyond our control” and was a decision made “after taking advice from local authorities”, claiming it had “no option” than to do this.

The “events” mentioned refers to multiple occasions in which the venue has been vandalised throughout the last week.

For those who have purchased tickets, the club has stated that all tickets can be used for the rescheduled launch event. They can also be returned for a full refund.

It stated, “We understand that this is very disappointing for those planning to attend, and we are equally disappointed.”

The club also reiterated that it is “100% committed” to ensuring VIBE is a “fun, secure and safe environment” for students and young people alike.

The postponed launch follows a second car crash last night, where a vehicle reversed into the front of the club. Lancashire Police is currently investigating the incident.

VIBE is situated in the former location of nightclub GLOW, which shut down in June of this year following an altercation that resulted in the death of 22-year-old Joshua Hughes.

There has been no update on other planned events at the club, including the return of Skint Mondays featuring Paul Chuckle on the 24th, and Bollynights’ Diwali Fest on October 27th.

More information on the incidents can be found here and here.

Cover image credit @vibelancasteruk on Instagram.

Related articles recommended by this writer