Second car collision at new nightclub VIBE

This is the second time this week that a car has crashed into the nightclub

In the early hours of Saturday morning, a car crashed into VIBE nightclub.

The nightclub had been set to open tonight, 22nd October, after tickets were sold out within a matter of hours.

Police were spotted at the scene at 1:30 am, as the barrier in front of the door and the door itself were seen to be knocked inwards by the impact.

Lancaster Area Police took to Facebook earlier today in order to appeal for “witnesses” of the event.

Its post states that a “dark coloured Ford Focus reversed at speed into the front gate”, resulting in “significant damage”.

The police’s statement also includes information regarding the status of the vehicle in question, and makes reference to a similar event that took place on Friday during which multiple windows on the rear of the premises were smashed. They are investigating any links that could be made between the two occurrences.

A car also crashed into the venue in the late hours of Wednesday.

After this event, VIBE nightclub told The Lancaster Tab that it still planned to host its grand opening on Saturday. However, the venue took to its Instagram this afternoon to announce that due to events that are “beyond [their] control”.

Despite this setback, the club is still set to host Paul Chuckle and Bollynights’ Diwali Fest next week.

Anybody with information regarding any of these instances should call 101 and quote log 96 of October 22nd, or report online here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: