Image may contain: Minibus, Bus, Traffic Jam, Vehicle, Van, Transportation, Umbrella, Canopy, Viaduct, Building, Bridge

19-year-old collapses and dies at Birmingham nightclub Lab11

The tragedy occurred in Digbeth in the early hours of Sunday morning

Police have launched an official probe into the death of a 19-year-old man in popular Birmingham nightclub, Lab11.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called and arrived on the scene shortly after 1:30am, to find first aid being administered by on-site medical staff.

A WMAS spokesperson told The Mirror: “The man’s condition deteriorated and he suffered a cardiac arrest. Ambulance staff immediately commenced CPR on scene before he was conveyed by land ambulance on blue lights to City Hospital; resuscitation efforts continued en route. Sadly, despite the best efforts of ambulance staff and hospital medics, the man was confirmed deceased a short time later.”

A spokeswoman for West Midlands police said: “A 19-year-old man has died after he became unwell at Lab 11 in Digbeth on Sunday 2 September. He was taken by ambulance from the night club to City Hospital, where sadly, he passed away shortly afterwards. Police are investigating to establish the cause of his death.”

Birmingham City Council confirmed that it would be up to West Midlands Police to make a request for any licence review over Lab11.