Here’s everything going on in Brum worth knowing about for St Patrick’s Day 2024

Get your best Irish jig on, St Paddy’s Day is nearly here

St Patrick’s Day is nearly upon us (Sunday 17th March 2024), and Birmingham offers plenty of opportunities for you to wholeheartedly embrace the Irish drinking culture. Whether you’re actually Irish, have a second cousin twice removed from Dublin, or simply just love a Guinness, St Paddy’s Day in Birmingham is not one to miss.

Here are five events to help you celebrate St Paddy’s Day in style.

Birmingham St Patrick’s Day Parade

2024 marks the 50th anniversary of the iconic Birmingham St Patrick’s Day parade, and this well-loved event is returning to the Irish Quarters for the first time in four years.

With thousands expected to gather and over 20 floats making their way through Digbeth, expect seas of green, white, and gold, as Birmingham embraces its Irish communities.

The parade is expected to run from 12pm, to 2pm on the 17th of March and will start at the Camp Hill side of Branford Street, before making its way towards Digbeth Coach Station.

Nortons

Offering what is alleged to be the best Guinness in Birmingham, this traditional Irish pub is the perfect spot for celebrating, arguably the best, patron saint Great Britain has to offer.

Despite its eye-watering price tag (£15), Nortons promises a whole day of live music, good pints, and good craic, so if your budget stretches this far be sure to check it out.

The Old Crown

Transforming into what is famed to be Birmingham’s party centre for St Patrick’s Day, and with a slightly more reasonable £5 entry fee, The Old Crown is the perfect, student friendly place to celebrate Saint Paddy.

With a Guinness village and a Jameson whisky beer garden, The Old Crown promises an unforgettable (depending on how many pints of Guinness you drink) St Patrick’s Day celebration.

Offering quizzes, whisky tastings, and live music the Irish festivities last all week at the Old Crown, with events running from the 11th – 17th March, and there is sure to be something for everyone.

Fab’n’Fresh

In perhaps what is an attempt to draw students back to the Guild, St Patrick’s FAB promises to be the ultimate St Patrick’s Day celebration.

Start your St Paddy’s Day celebrations in style and begin the celebrations on the 16th at The Guild. With prizes for the best dressed Leprechaun, good drinks deals (£4 Guinness, £2 baby Guinness), and staggeringly low £2 entry fee, maybe this is the start of Fab’s redemption arc?

Bongo’s Bingo

Bongo’s Bingo always promises a great time, and the St Patrick’s Day Special is famed to be one of the best nights of the year, so get your friends together, channel you’re inner bingo-loving Grandma, and party the night away.

Taking place on the 16th March and offering dance offs, singalongs, prizes, and cash prizes its not one to miss. And if the Irish are on your side, you could even take home your own bucket of gold.

If you’re looking for something slightly different this St Patrick’s Day be sure to check it out.

Wherever you end up this St Paddy’s Day, make sure to show off your best jig and never be seen without a Guinness, or baby Guinness, in hand.

Related articles recommend by this author: