The Robbo is closing for ‘essential maintenance’ for the entire month of May

This comes just before the start of exam season

Hide Images

It has been confirmed that the Phillip Robinson Library will be closed from Monday 29th April to Friday 31st May.

It's thought the reasoning behind the temporary closure is for essential maintenance on the ceilings and pipes and also a face lift of the top floor.

This is less than ideal for students as it happens at perhaps the worst time of the year.

Students will shortly be advised of the closure via an email which will include further information and a list of alternate study spaces which are set to be made available.

The Marjorie Robinson, Walton and Law libraries will remain open to all students.

A spokesperson from Newcastle University told The Newcastle Tab: "We are having to close the main library for health and safety reasons for five weeks. We understand that this could be concerning for some students but will do our best to make sure other measures are put in place to support their learning."

We spoke to Molly, a final year English student who said, "I find it really concerning that the library is going to be closed for such a long time. My dissertation is due mid May and The Robbo is one of the only places I can work productively and find books and other resources I need. Surely they could hold off another month until the summer holidays."

James, a second year medic said, "where am I going to waste my time having cig breaks now? Really heavy stuff."

Before you panic too much – check the date!