Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Glass, Person, People, Human

What does your favourite Jesmond bar say about you?

£2 Tuesdays anyone?

Jesmond offers a good choice of bars, whether you’re wanting a tame gathering or a place to get in as many rounds as you can to kick off a wild night out.

It’s fair to say that each bar attracts a certain type of person. Curious to see what your favourite bar in Jesmond says about you? You’re in the right place. 

Spy Bar – The home of the lad

Image may contain: Cup, Glass, Drink, Beverage, Beer Glass, Beer, Alcohol, Asleep

With its good deals and flatscreen TVs, Spy Bar attracts the rugby, footy, any type of sporty lad. They come in their groups, picking up pint after pint and a half price burger to tuck into while watching the match.

They take seat right in front of the big screens, and if you fancy pulling one of these mega-lads, head to Spy Bar anytime from 9pm (not while they’re watching a game, or else you won’t get a look in). 

Bar Blanc – Where the rahs congregate 

Image may contain: Television, TV, Screen, Monitor, Electronics, Person, People, Human

A landmark in Jesmond, Bar Blanc is a staple for the second and third years of Newcastle University. And more specifically, for the rahs. Puffa jackets galore, it’s the place to be if you want to pay as little as possible to get absolutely smashed (£2 Tuesdays anyone??).

Besides the bevs, Blanc is also great for TV, from football to Blue Planet, so order those nachos and get there early because the when half the uni congregates, you’ll be lucky to get a seat.

Osbornes – One for the oldies

Image may contain: Bench, Plant, Flower, Flora, Blossom, Person, People, Human

Osbornes is like the less studenty older sibling to Blanc. This is where the post-grads hang out. With cocktails, shisha and 70s music, Osbornes is an interesting experience to say the least. With themed nights and again, £2 Tuesdays and the famous red buzzer, they have something for everyone.

It’s also a place for an older crowd with plenty of groovy tunes and drinks to match. So, if your parents are up and you’re running out of ways to tell them uni isn’t going as well as they might think, Osbornes could be perfect. Just maybe leave the shisha out that time.

The Lonsdale – The real Jesmonders

You know the ones: they use the Metro, live in West Jes and would probably never be caught in places like Blanc or Spy Bar because they are the student equivalent of locals.

Instead, you’ll catch them at every weekend’s pub quiz with a massive plate of food and several bevs in hand (pints, not cocktails). Considering the quizzes are actually pretty solid, you’ve got to admire their persistence. So, if you ever feel the need to initiate yourself into a group of these ‘real Jesmonders’, this might be the place to start.

Jam Jar – For girls with class

Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Poster, Photographer, Person, People, Human

Classy cocktails, a nice setting and a relatively pricey menu in comparison to the rest of Osborne Road can only scream one thing: the classy girl.

When you take a look around in Jam Jar, you see attractive females in their natural habitat, sipping classic cocktails from a literal jam jar, which hardly fits in any liquid but looks aesthetic af.

They play laid back, funky tunes from soft jazz to classic feel good bangers, the perfect background music for a good old fashioned bitch fest and a detailed discussion about boys. Side note: does that bloody phone ever actually ring?

97 & Social – Home of the daters out there

Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Party, Table, Furniture, Dining Table, Person, People, Human

After a cheeky few messages on Tinder and that final "wanna meet up sometime?", 97 & Social is where you’ll be heading in Jesmond. Good drinks, food and a date-y atmosphere, you can spot the first daters a mile off. They sip on their 2-4-1 cocktails and always look as flawless as the cocktails they order. Why aren't we on a date??

Image may contain: Glass, Drink, Beverage, Person, People, Human

So Osborne Road is the place to be for anyone who wants to branch out from their usual Whetherspoons-Hancock comfort zone. Whether you’re looking to get pissed on a budget, try some shisha or pull a mega-lad there’s somewhere for everyone. What could be more convenient than such great bars two minutes away from a piss up in the house?