Leaked email says SU Chiefs will turn campus tree into festive phenomenon

The email suggested the tree outside Fielding Johnson would be turned into a Christmas tree to bring festive cheer to students.

A series of emails between SU chiefs and senior university staff, shown to The Tab yesterday, has revealed plans to turn a tree outside the Fielding Johnson building into a Christmas tree.

The email, shown to The Tab by a senior SU staff member has declared the tree will receive the festive treatment this December after the lacklustre showings of previous years.

In previous years the tree has seen snow

Students have been aggravated in previous years by the lack of festive cheer around campus, paying specific dissatisfaction towards the cheap plastic trees that have been spotted in the Library.

Though the plan would undoubtedly bring joy to the faces of students at Leicester, there are a number of difficulties in bringing the plan into fruition.

Decorators of the tree will face a battle with Health and Safety bigwigs who will are likely to shut the project down over concerns about the safety of staff attaching lights to the top of the tree.

An artists impression of what the tree might look like

It is also unclear how the lights will remain on as the cables will have to stretch several metres and could constitute a trip hazard.

The move comes after the Students’ Union attempted to appease students by installing a giant tree in The Square.

The tree featured prominently in the days leading up to the end of term, playing a key role in the video that saw Dan Flatt pull off the now famous wink dressed as Santa.

Students working in other areas of campus will be left without such joy as they trundle off to their lectures without the joy of looking at the tree.