Light up Lancaster 2022: Here’s your complete schedule

This year’s event will take place on the 4th and 5th November

Light Up Lancaster has announced the lineup for this year’s festival.

They promise a “family-friendly trail of discovery”, involving free performances, light projections, music and art instillations, all of which will take place across Lancaster City Centre.

The annual festival is free to enter and will take place on the 4th and 5th November 2022. It will end with the annual firework display from the grounds of Lancaster Castle.

Art installations will be available for viewing from 5pm-10pm on Friday 4th November, 5pm-7pm on Saturday 5th November in the Castle Zone venues, or 5pm-7.30pm on Saturday 5th November in the City Centre venues.

Installations include “Let it Glow” by Lancaster and Morecambe Makers in the Storey auditorium and “We Rave” by Ludus Dance and Night People, taking place in the Sun Square.

The event promises to be jam-packed, with wristbands having sold out for the Giant Axe and Quay Meadow firework viewings. However, the display will be visible in many other spots throughout the city, the Light Up Lancaster website recommends Williamson Park for those who were unable to order wristbands.

For more information, visit the Light Up Lancaster website, or view their online programme here

Related articles recommended by this writer