New league table shows only 66 per cent of Lancaster students are happy with feedback

Lancaster has dropped from 13th to 14th place in the table

Following the release of the Guardian University Guide 2023, it has been revealed that only 66% of Lancaster University students are satisfied with the feedback that they receive.

The guide, a major university league table, takes data from the National Student Survey carried out on final-year students every year. It also revealed that 83.1 per cent of students said they were satisfied with their course, and 84.1 per cent with their teaching.

The table shows that 84 per cent of Lancaster students are within graduate-level jobs or further education within 15 months of graduating.

Lancaster University has also dropped to 14th out of 121 universities. This is down one place from the previous year’s place of 13th and continues to place Lancaster out of the top 10 universities in the country. This follows The Times and Times on Sunday Good University Guide, released two weeks ago, that saw Lancaster dropping a place as well.

Like the Good University Guide, The Guardian places Lancaster ahead of York University, which has dropped from 18th to 21st.

Lancaster ranked 1st in the country for Marketing and placed in the top ten for Media and Film Studies (9th), English (7th), Theatre (8th), Art (2nd), Physics (5th), Social Work (4th), Chemical Engineering (6th) and Biomedical Science (4th).

In response to the table, a representative from the university said: “As a University with a strong track record of excellence in both teaching and research, the student experience is at the heart of everything we do. The National Student Survey takes in a range of measures of student satisfaction and currently places Lancaster 1st in the North, 8th in England and 11th in the UK for overall satisfaction when compared to other universities.

“Although we also compare favourably to other leading universities for student satisfaction on this particular measure (student assessment and feedback), we always want to do better and are constantly seeking ways to improve. Feedback from our students, including the NSS data, is an important source of information as we continually refine our teaching methods and processes.”

The full league table, along with explanations of how the data is collated, is available here.

Related articles recommended by this writer