Image may contain: Apparel, Clothing, People, Flyer, Paper, Brochure, Advertisement, Poster, Human, Person

Varsity cock-up displays events as free for UCL, but paid for King’s

Following the ‘buy ticket’ doesn’t actually let you buy tickets

A programming error on the London Varsity's ticket website led King's students feeling confused and angry when it seemed certain events, such as women's rugby and volleyball, were free for UCL students but not for King's students.

It turns out it was just a fault of KCLSU's website, which had not updated the events to "free" from last year's Varsity. Following the "buy KCL tickets" link on the website does not allow students to purchase anything, and simply leads to an event description page.

Events listed to be free for UCL students but not for King's included: Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Badminton, Baseball, Fencing, Squash, Handball and Women's rugby. These events are, in fact free for students and alumni from either uni. The women's rugby's event has already been corrected.

Image may contain: File, Page, Text

The event description for Badminton

James perry, the man in charge of KCLSU Sport, James Perry, told The King's Tab it was simply a result of the "number of errors" that occurred with the "launch of our website".

He clarified: "The price of each event is agreed by the student committees from both UCL and KCL. There is a single price for each event so should not differ between the two unions".

Perry has assured The King's Tab that the issue will be resolved in the "next couple of hours" and the tickets "should have never been listed as different prices in the first place and that is an error by both KCL and UCL".

Image may contain: Page, Human, Person, Text

The old link showing

Well now that's cleared up let's get on with Varsity. #Bleedred

If your team wants to be featured in the run-up to Varsity, and have your event promoted to an audience of thousands of King's students – email [email protected] for details.