Call for review of KCL counterterrorism course after accusations of ‘indoctrination’

A Foreign Office official complained the course was ‘biased’

King’s College London is believed to be examining the changes it could make to a counterterrorism training course following allegations by a Foreign Office official that it was politically biased.

Complaints first surfaced after Anna Stanley, a former Foreign Office official, attended the three-day training course last year and claimed it had amounted to indoctrination, reports The Times.

Anna Stanley claims that a professor had called the British writer Douglas Murray and the American podcaster Joe Rogan examples of the “far right” who should be suppressed by society.

The complaint has since prompted the security minister, Tom Tugendhat, to order a into the programme and into the Home Office’s use of external courses.

The university offers a three-day training course British civil servants on behalf of the Foreign Office, consisting of a series of lectures and workshops with about 40 members of staff from the Foreign Office, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Defence and Home Office recently having attended.

Peter Neumann, a professor of security studies and one of the academics accused of delivering these “woke” sessions for civil servants said in a letter to The Times that “nothing could be further from the truth.”

A spokesman from King’s told The Times that “attendees were taught by eminent experts using impartial and evidence-based resources in an environment where different theories, concepts and questions are shared to prompt discussion.”

KCL Tories condemned for discussing the sinking of migrant boats at booze fuelled debate

• The King’s Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!

• King’s College London graduate to become Blue Peter’s 43rd presenter