Taylor Swift announces surprise return to KCLSU The Vault to round off UK Eras Tour

Taylor played her first ever UK show at The Vault in 2008

Taylor Swift has announced she will be returning to KCLSU’s The Vault for a one-off performance.

As the last part of the European leg of her Eras Tour, Taylor is set to visit The Vault on 22nd August, two days after her final performance at Wembley Stadium.

The Vault was the location of Taylor Swift’s first ever UK show in September 2008, with a set list that lasted roughly half an hour – a tiny snippet of the three hour concerts fans have grown used to.

The upcoming show will be an exclusive performance for King’s College London students in honour of her UK debut 16 years ago.

Tickets will be limited to one per person and will be allocated via a ballot system that will open on April 1st, where students will be required to show proof that they are hardcore Swifties.

Accepted evidence of being a fan as per the terms of conditions is having a Taylor tattoo, rooms covered in Swiftie posters or even running a Taylor Swift fan account on Twitter.

With a maximum capacity of 400, only a limited number of tickets will be available and will be restricted to one per student.

An insider at the Students’ Union told The King’s Tab that Taylor was “absolutely eager to visit the place that welcomed her so lovingly when she was first beginning to play in Europe.”

It was nearly 16 years ago that Taylor gave a formidable performance mixing songs from her self-titled debut album and her sophomore album, Fearless. It was the first time anyone in the UK had heard her previews of her upcoming album, after she performed the now-massive hits Fearless and Love Story, which holds the title of the song she has performed the most.

The last audience were lucky enough to see an up-and-coming artist in such an intimate setting, witnessing her electric performance of Should’ve Said No, where she channelled her inner rockstar and performed a drum crescendo with her drummer. In the middle of the set, the tiny audience were also treated to a rendition of Rehab by Amy Winehouse.

While Taylor Swift will not be playing a full Eras Tour setlist, she is working on curating a shortened setlist that both includes some of her latest hits and pays homage to the last show she performed at The Vault, and the first she performed in the UK.

April, a second year classics student and member of the KCL Taylor Swift society, told The King’s Tab: “I’m so excited that she’s coming back. My older cousin was there last time she played at The Vault and I’ve been so jealous but now I can finally match her!”

First year biomedical engineering student, Tonto, who runs a Twitter account dedicated to keeping track of Taylor Swift’s turbulent dating history, said: “I cannot wait to show off my collection of Swift merch, I hope she will sign some of it!”

Those that are able to get their hands on tickets will be witness to a performance of a lifetime by the world’s biggest popstar at the moment. Who knows, she may find herself a new London Boy amongst the crowd.

You should probably check the date, you April fools!

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Featured image James Gourley/Shutterstock.