Cardiff Met student shows off her first year room and honestly, it’s bigger than my house

So, the student housing gods do have favourites

A Cardiff Metropolitan University student has gone viral after sharing a TikTok tour of her surprisingly large student accommodation. 

Katie Tidmann showcased her room in North Court, previously known as Liberty Court, and said she was “pleasantly surprised” when arriving in first year and was presented with an enormous room; equipped with a generous en-suite, double bed, study area and not one, but two sofas.

@ktidmannnn 📍North Court, i hope the little fresher who has this room now appreciates it 🤍 #cardiffmet ♬ Forever Young – Alphaville

She even suggested the room was “bigger than our kitchen”, capturing the attention of viewers who were shocked by the room’s size. One TikTok user even commented that she could do “eight cartwheels in there”, promoting Katie to demonstrate one in another video.

While the spacious room is a dream for any student, Katie explained that her hopes for a personal interior design touch were limited as most of the furniture was “screwed to the wall”. However, she added some charm with “a few pillows and fairy lights”. And despite the screwed-to-the-wall furniture, she said it didn’t stop her from hosting the “best pres”.

@ktidmannnn Replying to @⭒ Emily Ann ⭒ won the freshers lottery with my Uni Accom room 🤸🤸 #cardiff #cardiffmet ♬ original sound – Katie 🦄🌸✨🧚

The TikTok video exploded in popularity, racking up 2.5 million views, over 224,000 likes, and comments praising the unexpected luxury of the space.

North Court, a popular student residence for 253 students, offers a mix of en-suite rooms and studio flats. Conveniently located just a short ride from both Cardiff Met campuses and the city centre, it’s advertised as providing a “home away from home”.

Some students have clearly lucked out with much more space for their buck.

Featured image via  TikTok