Aberystwyth University, agriculture building

Aberystwyth Graduate wins best agriculture student in Britain

Aberystwyth first-class graduate has received Farmers Weekly award for the ‘Best Agriculture student in Britain’

Logan Williams from Carmarthenshire has been recognised by the most prestigious Farmers Weekly Awards as the best agriculture student in Britain. Logan graduated with a first class degree, which he took mostly in Welsh, studying Agriculture with Animal Science. Alongside his studies he runs a farm in Tirmynydd, Carmarthenshire with his family.

This isn’t the first time Logan has been in the competition realm as he has previously represented Wales at an international level as well as on the world stage for sheepdog trials.

As reported in Farming Online, Logan reacted to his win appreciating those who have supported him. He said: “I’m just really delighted to have won – it’s amazing. I’m so grateful for all the support I have had from my lecturers and my family. Agriculture is one of those industries – and subjects – that just keeps on giving, with regular developments in science and technology ensuring the provision of food for the ever-growing population.”

The judges praised Logan to a high degree describing him as: “A dedicated, high-achieving student with an obvious passion for agriculture in his local community. What he has achieved already is nothing short of remarkable.”

Aberystwyth University has proven to be highly influential for nurturing agricultural talent as another of its graduates, Caryl Davies, succeeded in reaching the final three shortlist for the award.

Related articles recommended by this writer: